Wednesday, July 20, 2005

taking a trip down memory lane

The recent photos posted here made me realize how long we've all known each other already! That inspired me to think of old times and not-so-old times as well. Below are some of my Old and Recent memories with each person. Girls! I am highly encouraging you to have your own entries for this. Its fun. And sentimental. And fun!
Note that "OLD" would mean something from our student days, whether High School or College. "RECENT" would be anything after Graduation.

Teedge
Old memory:
Lots of old memories with this girl, I remember her directing a home video and ordering me to do the embarassing parts; once, we also went to a band member's house (and this was no ordinary band, they happen to be very well known at the time); she was also an avid 'cartoonist' back in HS, we'd pass notes around and she would almost always include one of her creative drawings in them.
Recent memory:
And the memories end there! hahaha! Kidding teedge. Lets see, since she went into hibernation and would only pop out every now and then (and well, because I've been hibernating...) my most recent memory would be her calling me up after the Ayala bombing last year all freaked out because she heard the explosion. Hey, I wouldve reacted the same way.


Grache
Old memory:
There was a math class that we attended together sometime during our MIS days...was it Stat? Or Calculus? Wait, did we even have Stat??!? We would always nod off in the middle of class because, well, because it was hella boring! Don't remember how we managed to pass.
Recent memory:
Watching the World Cup 2002 championship game at NSG. I think we both wore yellow to show our allegiance to Brazil. ole ole ole ole ole ole....And then there was the promise to watch next year's game in Germany. Sigh. So much for that dream.

Renee
Old memory:
It was after our club meeting (we were both part of Magnificat back in HS) and she asked me one simple question "Socs, are you okay?" and my answer? I cried in reply. Hehehe.
Recent memory:
I'm sorry Renee, but it would have to be Grache's birthday last year. You know what happened. I won't write out the details for all the world to (possibly) see. Vodka anyone?

Jaque
Old memory:
Since we only met in college, it would have to be watching you during Fencing practice. I've never seen anyone so girly play a sport! You deserve a medal, truly.
Recent memory:
I dont remember where we were, but it was just after that whole M episode. I remember it well because you weren't smiling at all. And I had to rush all the way to ortigas (which isn't a big deal,really) to be with you. Sana wala nang ganung happening ulit ha?

April
Old memory:
Lots of old ones too, but here's something you probably dont remember....the first time I went to Club Dredd it was with you and your other barkada...My plan was only to spend the night at your house so naturally I didn't have any clothes with me that are fit for going out. I ended up squeezing myself into one of jeans and wearing an oversized shirt to hide how ill-fitting it was...Hello?? Me and apes are hardly the same size! Oh and hey, there's the flower incident during your freshman History class experience hehhee (WAS it History? I'm not too sure).
Recent memory:
Hmm...Can I just say, Cinnzeo at Shangri-la Mall? Hehehe. And yeah well, there was also that one time when we were both still working at Sykes when we had drinks (just one drink each) at Shangrila Hotel before our shift. I think we both lacked sleep because we had a little "errand" that morning after we got off our graveyard shift, and we wanted comfortable seats to try and rest before work.

Macel
Old memory:
Running almost everyday during summer! This was back in college. Undoubtedly the fittest I've ever been. And, if I recall correctly, I was with you when you had your hair chopped off! I remember being really envious coz I wanted to do that too.
Recent memory:
Walking within your village at night and having dogs barking at us! I think my dog-trauma started there. Buti na lang talaga hindi tayo tumakbo nun. Also, that afternoon when we took photos of Dos for his portfolio. And then having dinner at his place, and then heading to Fete dela Musique afterwards!

4 comments:

Renée said...

Hey socs! this is great, and you have a great memeory - wow, i didn't even remember that magnificat meeting til now. (did you cry because of ---?). and i thought i knew everybody's dirty little secret. hehe which give me an idea- u think i should post an entry just like this, but this time, writing about everybody's dirty little secret that i know? hehehe

socs said...

not unless you want them to retaliate :p

now, now,don't be mean. This is a public blog after all. Our dirt is our business ;)

Renée said...

okay socs, good point. don't want nobody to retaliate! (i'm so mean, is that the only reason why i won't do it?! shame on me! hehe)

The Decemberist said...

Oy! No dirt dishing! Hehehe! Nakakatakot si Renee!!! Hehehe!