It is a vivid dream. We usually forget our dreams and they say we dream in black and white, but this one was colored, and I remember the details and how the events progressed.
Socs is getting married. She is beautifully dressed in a flowing white gown with lace and beads. I don't remember who among us are present, but I suppose we are all there - just like in real life, we will all be there of course! Even Grache is there too. We are all in pinkish orange-brown gowns because that was the motiff (kinda weird, huh?)
The groom?He's a very rich guy who can give Socs almost any material thing that she wants. He seems really nice and sensitive too. To add, he has good business contacts - Danding Cojuangco's right hand man -Ramon Ang, is a very good friend of his and he is present all thoughout the ceremony and the reception, and so Socs' parents, especially her mom, is quite excited about it. In fact, the marriage is arranged through them.
How did they meet? The first time the guy sees Socs, he has a big crush on her already. If I'm not mistaken, they meet at a country club in London - Socs shows me after the wedding a group picture of the occasion. I don't remember what Socs is wearing in the picture, but the guy (didn't get his name) is in a brown leather jacket. Sleek, huh?
So except for the color motiff, everything seems perfect, and I'm sure you're now all wishing that this were true, and maybe even wishing that this were you instead of Socs. Well, it sounds really perfect until I tell you how the guys looks like. He is old and bald, and wears big, rounded and tinted eye glasses.
The first time I see the guy, I say "Eeeoooww!" to myself. And this was on the wedding day itself. Yup, we see him for the first time on the wedding day, and I guess you share the same sentiments with me. It is not just about him being old and bald and all, but there is something about the guy and the whole arrangement that all made us want to jump immediately and save Socs from damnation, as how we see the wedding to be.
The wedding starts and Socs and Baldie march down the isle stay at the end of it, with people surrounding them (kinda like coronation scene at the end of the LOTR trilogy) The opportunity comes and I run to Socs and whisper in her ear, "You can still back out!!" Socs nods and tells me that there is a plan. I walk to the back portion of the church were all you core guys are. You get mad at me for what I did as I am potentially ruining your plan of Socs's escape. I get mad at you guys for not telling me about it!I have been so concerned and worried and I try to do something about it, while there you are all united in plotting something, but you don't tell me at all!
There is a portion in the wedding when the bride has to go "backstage" or leave the centerstage, so she goes to the back of the church near the entrace where we core guys are. It's in a small room with a window where they usually put statues of saints with candles on wrought iron stands. Next thing I see is Socs cooking tilapia (tilapia?!!) with a cigarette. I don't know how she does it but she fries the fish and puts it on a rectangular white plastic plate. She has somebody send it over to the altar instead of her coming, then she escapes from the wedding.
Next scene is the reception. Baldie is there seated beside his buddy Ramon Ang who makes a speech about Baldie - how nice and kind and sweet he is and all that. Baldie is sooo hearbroken but still alive and drinking wine. There is a video shown to the audience too - I think it was a well-planned wedding with contingencies - they edit the video and replace it in time for the reception with children dancing, food and stuff instead of the supposed couple's love story (what love story?!). But after the video, there are two guests who decide to get married on the spot, and take advantage of the ceremonies so they wouldn't go to waste (weird huh?).
While all these happens, Socs is at home speaking to her mom who understands, but also feels bad because it was such a nice arrangement.
I find myself walking in Scout Rallos towards Socs house, perhaps to help her explain to her parents, but strangely, almost floating on top of millions of Ube Candy pieces which fell on the street. Some are coated with sugar, and some with cocunut.
And then.. I get awakened by my cellphone ringing.
So what do you think guys? Its so strange that I had to take Socs' suggestion to write it down here. It could mean a lot things. But Socs says that it can only mean three things:
"1. I'm sooo single (which I am)
2. ganun ako "kabait" na papatol ako sa isang guy na older/bald/whatever
3. hanggang tilapia lang kaya kong lutuin "
hahahaha
Any theories, guys? But definitely, thank goodness it is just a dream!
3 comments:
Renee...nanood ka siguro ng "For Love or Money" no?
hahahha! kakaiba talaga! what's with the ube candies? Have you been having too much (or too little) sugar lately?
hahaha! so sa kasal ni socs kasunod ng mga flower girls at ring bearer si Renee na may dalang tilapia. tilapia girl haha!
this is the funniest thing I have ever read in this blog. this can only mean one thing renee...you were probably on something before you slept...or better yet PROJECTION lang yan
Post a Comment